Udit Narayan is one of the Golden singers of Bollywood, who has earned a lot of name and fame because of his soulful voice. He entered in the music industry at the time when Kishore Da and Rafi Da’s era has just ended.
Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi, and Mukesh have been termed as the singing legends whose voice and music quality will remain unmatched forever. But, even after that many singers emerged with exceptional musical talent.
While the legendary singers still remain the best, Udit Narayan had carved his own niche and love from all the people. His songs have that love in them, which still echo in numerous houses. Rising to fame with his song “Papa Kehte Hain”, Udit Narayan soon became a household name with his song collections. He won numerous awards for his singing and music. His tracks with Alka Yagnik won him much more recognition and praise than with any other singer.
Out of numerous songs that he has sung in his career so far, it is difficult to pick the top few numbers. But nevertheless, we state here some of the best numbers in 2 categories: Solo and Duet. Below are the top 10 songs from each of the categories. But if you want to check out all his top songs, you can check here on Bestoftheyear.in.
Best Solo Songs of Udit Narayan
There are not many single songs sung by Udit Narayan. He has mostly featured in duet numbers. But whichever songs he has sung alone, have become super hits. Below is the list of his single numbers from the 1990s. This is not the entire list of his solos. There are many more numbers which have not been featured here. Only top 10 are mentioned in the list.
- Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani Title Track – (Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani)
- Aye Ho Meri Zindagi Mein – (Raja Hindustani)
- Ho Nahi Sakta – (Diljale)
- Kitna Pyaara Tujhe Rab Ne Banaya – (Raja Hindustani)
- Akeli Na Bazaar Jaya Karo – (Major Saab)
- Kya Kare Kya Na Kare – (Rangeela)
- Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane – (Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge)
- Ghar Se Nikalte Hi – (Papa Kehte Hain)
- Jadoo Teri Nazar – (Darr)
- O Mummy Mummy – (Deewana Mastana)
Best Duet Songs of Udit Narayan
Maximum of Udit Narayan songs are the duet, sung with Kavita Krishnamurthy and Alka Yagnik maximum number of times. These songs have gone on to become so famous that they are being recreated in Bollywood these days. Below is the list of some of the top duet songs of Udit Narayan. Listen to these songs on any of your favorite website, or YouTube, and enjoy his soulful voice.
- Kisi Disco Mein Jayen – (Bade Miyan Chote Miyan) Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan
- Neend Churayi Meri – (Ishq) Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan
- Pardesi Pardesi – (Raja Hindustani) Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan
- Pehla Nasha – (Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar) Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam
- Bin Tere Sanam – (Yaara Dildaara) Udit Narayan, Kavita Krishnamurthy
- Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast – (Mohra) Udit Narayan & Kavita Krishnamurthy
- Tip Tip Barsa Pani – (Mohra) Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik
- Chaand Chupa Baadal Mein – (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam) Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan
- Akhiyaan Milaoon Kabhi – (Raja) Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan
- Dhak Dhak Karne Laga – (Beta) Udit Narayan, Anuradha Paudwal